The first home within the present limits of the village was erected by William Raker in 1870; he owned the land adjoining and sold it in lots of convenient size for purchasers. Mr. Raker also opened the first store
In 1874, the house now owned by William Eister was erected by George Shive, who started the first hotel therein; this business, however, was only continued six years. The post office was established in 1874 with William Raker as postmaster; since that time, G. Snyder, M.G. Ressler and William B. Eister, the present incumbent, have filled the office. Mail was received three times a week, but arrangements were (1890) in progress for a daily service from Sunbury.
A petition for the division of Lower Augusta was presented to the court on the 12th of January 1880, whereupon G.W. Hower, John Eckman and M Haupt were appointed as commissioners to take the matter under advisement. This report, having been favorable, an election was ordered for the 24th of April following, resulting in an expression of popular approval, and on the 7th of May 1880, the township was formally erected by decree of court. Seven Points, at that time, a village of one hundred twenty-five inhabitants, three stores, a post office and the shops of several mechanics, is situated in the eastern part of Rockefeller Township. On the Trevorton and Sunbury Road about seven miles from the latter place. It derives its name from the fact that seven roads diverge at this place. The site was formerly embraced in a tract of several hundred acres owned by William Maclay, one of the first United States Senators from Pennsylvania.
The schoolhouse, a one-story brick building, was erected in 1881. Rockefeller Township, at one time, had seven schools and an equal number of school buildings. One was situated at seven Points; one at Augustaville; one near Solomon Miller’s mill, known as the Shipman school; two on the Plum creek road, known, respectively, as the Upper and Lower Plum Creek schools; one near Emanual reformed church, and the other on the Irish Valley road.